Sunday 13 January 2013

Meeting Knight and Cecilia and that other chick

Nathan Umbra


We arrived at the Moon Hotel in NYC earlier today. Conveniently enough, it's the same city the Deicide set up our home base in. Couple of mad scientists running experiments on monsters in New York. Such a cliche'd scenario, and yet Wendigo's completely secure and, to a degree, safe in our testing chambers.

I'm rambling. So, as we pulled into the valet area in front of the hotel, a blue pickup truck rounds the corner at a high speed, crumpling the first foot of the car like a beer can. As I began to flip the fuck out on the pickup's driver, Elijah told me to leave it be and motioned for me to follow him. We climbed the stone steps only to be greeted at the top by our new temporary allies. Knight seemed rather startled by the accident moments prior, and looked around cautiously, as if paranoid. 

He has to have had a reason. I'd say Fear involvement, but I've never heard of anything that causes accidents.

Anyways, we all sat down in the hotel's lobby and began discussing what we needed from one another. We didn't need to worry about being overheard, as everyone else had gone outside to check out the crash. Elijah suggested everyone lay out their expectations for this alliance, and we would work around them to find a middle ground.

Cecilia and her friend wanted a meeting with the Rake. We told them that we would arrange it somehow, as long as they would lead the Rake into an ambush in which we would attempt to (and hopefully succeed) kill it.

They politely declined.

As I reached under my arm, Cecilia told us her idea of compromising; She would place a tracking device on the Rake during the meeting. I pulled my hand out of my coat, and told her that it would be an acceptable trade.

Now Knight on the other hand... His request was a bit more complicated.

Elijah Shepard


Knight eyed me warily he asked if we had information on an Organisation he'd been searching for. I asked if this organisation had a name, to which he responded "It did at one point...". The only information he had at this point in time was a single name: Sirak Deacon. Hearing it for the first time in years, I chuckled. Nathan and the Deicide may not have known about this organisation, but I had a personal file on them regarding... "Previous interactions".

I made eye contact with Knight, and he once again gazed at me with a hint of suspicion. "Of course I know about them" I said, as a smile spread across my face. "And I am perfectly willing to provide any and all information I have, as long as you help us out. You scratch our back and we'll scratch yours, as the saying goes." 

"What is it you'd have me do?" He asked, seemingly suspicious.

"You're a rather intelligent man who seems to be rather knowledgeable on the subject of the Fears." I said as I stood up. "All we ask is that you assist my friend Mr. Umbra in experimenting on our recent hybrid experiment, Wendigo. Use your knowledge of the Rake to help us gain the upper hand."

Knight nodded and stood up, offering a hand to shake. As I was leaving, I passed each of them a card with the address of our base, as well as the passcode for entry. I told them to stop by whenever they saw fit, at which point we would continue planning this "Meeting" with the Rake. 

Until then, I bid you all adieu. 

2 comments:

  1. I kind of have to agree with Lucia.
    Although I still think its great that you guys are trying, you could be a bit more humane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Humane", a term long lost in this twisted world.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete